The Department of Pulmonology is well equipped to deliver a range of treatments, including:
- Management of all respiratory conditions like COPD, asthma, lung cancer, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, sleep disorder, occupational lung diseases etc.
- Lung function tests with reversibility
- DLCO and TLCO testing
- Video bronchoscopy with facilities for biopsy cytology, trans-bronchial biopsy, trans-bronchial needle aspiration, placement of airway stents etc.
- Thoracic imaging including CT scanning, MR scanning, radionuclide imaging including lung ventilation/perfusion, isotope bone scanning and inhaled DTPA measurement and ultrasound imaging.
- Thoracic surgery unit
- Close alliance with medical and clinical oncology unit.
- Close alliance with cardiac catheter lab